I will have
mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the
righteous, but sinners to repentance (Mt.9:13).
1. You can never be too bad for Jesus, only too good!
2. You haven't got anybody's righteousness except
Christ's, and He's the only one that can give it to you!
3. The greatest saints were the greatest sinners, who
knew it and therefore depended totally on God.
4. God's idea of goodness is Godliness--a sinner who
knows he needs God and depends on Him for Salvation!
5. Self-effort is sin! It's a mistake! It is even abusing
your body! You need to let go and let God! All you have
to do is just let the Lord through! Just let the oil
flow! Let the water flow! Let the Lord flow! Let the Lord
6. The most raging religious controversy the world has
ever known has always been between the do-it-yourself
religions and the God-alone-can-save-you kind.
7. The greatest of all sins is self-righteousness.
8. If you don't have His goodness you have no goodness.
9. If you hide behind a hypocrite, you're smaller than he
10. God's idea of saintliness is not sinless perfection
or self-righteousness, it's utter dependence on Him.
11. God's way up is down!--Down to defeat of self and
self-righteousness.--Up to the victory of the cross and
death to self for others!
12. All the false religions are dependent upon
self-righteousness and their own way!
13. May God deliver us from the worst of all sins!: Man's
own religious hypocritical self-righteousness and evil
knowledge and greed for power through every form of
cruelty, including war!
14. If you are trusting in your own righteousness, your
own perfection, it almost becomes impossible to confess
you mistakes and shortcomings, because it destroys your
self-confidence and nearly shatters your self-reliance,
because it proves you are not perfect, which you hate to
even admit to yourself!
15. What is righteousness? It is being right!--Full of
rightness!--Full of the Lord, for only He is all right!
16. Self-righteous perfectionists are the hardest people
in the World to live with.
17. To put your righteousness above the righteousness of
God is the ultimate sin! To put your will above the will
of God is the ultimate idolatry!
18. The ones who don't have the fire like to squelch and
quench the people that do, to excuse themselves for not
19. If you're lifted up in pride and glad you're not like
the sinner, then you're even worse! You're self-righteous
20. The Lord doesn't hold you as responsible for even
your deeds as He does for you unbelief.
21. When you feel so righteous and good, it's because you
are self-righteous and not closer to God, but closer to
22. Man's greatest temptation is to produce good works to
obtain righteousness, to try instead of trust.
23. Let not the pot call the kettle black.
24. The Lord love the honest sinner better that the
hypocritical self-righteous person.
25. The only saints are sinners saved by grace!
26. Forget about trying to be perfect--you never will
be!--Only God is good!
27. It is possible for you to be too big for God to use,
but never to small for God to use.
28. When you're accusing others of all they didn't do
Their glaring lack reflects right back,
And the spotlight points at you!
29. Our new life is only by Grace, never by works or
confession sessions or battling in the flesh with our
30. Let's forget about trying to be perfect--'cause we
never will be! Let's follow the Lord and do the best He
31. He who would cleanse a blot with blotted fingers
makes a greater blur.
32. Self-righteousness is the greatest of all sins,
because it's pride, the downfall of the Devil!
33. If we were so righteous and didn't have any
weaknesses, we couldn't help others much. We couldn't be
sympathetic or compassionate if we were so self-righteous
and perfect. We couldn't even understand others.
34. Watch out about having a critical condescending
attitude towards homosexuals and epileptics and other
handicapped people! You yourself may be guilty of things
worse, like jealousy and the sins of the spirit! That
holier-than-thou self-righteous attitude is in itself a
much worse sin than the pitiful human afflictions of the
flesh and physically afflicted and tormented.
35. David was far more righteous after he became a great
sinner than he was when he was so haughty and
36. Self-righteousness is a works trip.
37. The greatest men in the Bible were guys that made
terrible mistakes and realized they were sinners, that
they needed God.
38. The smallest package in all the World is a man
wrapped up in himself.
39. The World's idea of righteousness is self-righteous
perfection. God's idea of righteousness is the pitiful,
hopeless, lost, humble, loving sinful sinner who knows he
40. Jesus said, "You need to go back and learn what
God meant when He said, I will have mercy and not
sacrifice."(Mt.9:13; 12:7) In other word, I would
rather see you have love that this sacrificial,
law-keeping offering of sacrifices and duties. I'd rather
you'd give love to somebody than just to be so
41. Since Man's number is six, I think it's particularly
significant that the number for the Devil's Antichrist is
666, three sixes! Now that's very significant because
it's the ultimate that Man can do, and it's also symbolic
of the trinity of Satan.
42. Six is almost seven but no quite. Six is almost
perfect, it's almost seven, but it's not, and that's the
whole thing, the whole deal, man trying to prove he's
perfect.--Man trying to prove he can run the World
without number seven.--Man trying to prove that he has it
all and doesn't heed God and he can do it himself. The
ultimate in self-righteousness is man trying to save
himself, and making a final, horrible mess of the whole
thing!--Proving that man cannot do without God and number
six is nothing without seven!
43. GEN.15:6 He believed in the Lord; and He counted it
to him for righteousness.
44. JOB.9:2b How should man be just with God?
45. JOB.9:20 If I justify myself, mine own mouth shall
condemn me: if I say, I am perfect, it shall prove me
46. JOB.13:16b An hypocrite shall not come before Him.
47. JOB.15:14-16 What is man that he should be clean? and
he which is born of a woman, that he should be righteous?
Behold, he putteth no trust in His saints; yea, the
heavens are not clean in His sight. How much more
abominable and filthy is man, which drinketh iniquity
48. PSA.4:5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and
put your trust in the Lord.
49. PSA.130:3 If Thou, Lord, shouldest mark iniquities, O
Lord, who shall stand?
50. PRO.20:6 Most men will proclaim every one his own
goodness: but a faithful man who can find?