THE GOOD FIGHT
By D. Berg
Fight the good fight of faith
1. I love to fight, because I know I'm fighting for the One that's worth
fighting for & the souls that are worth winning & the goals that are
2. Keep on believing, don't ever give up! Keep on believing, don't be
discouraged! Keep on believing, don't quit!
3. Whatever you do, don't quit!
4. You gotta keep going, you gotta keep sacrificing, you gotta keep
forsaking, you gotta keep fighting every day!
5. Whoever has resigned himself to fate, will find that fate accepts his
6. Winners never quit, but quitters never win.
7. We may lose some battles but we're winning the war!--And the World
will soon be ours for God & His Kingdom!
8. Many people's tombstones should read: "Died at 30. Buried at 60."
9. We have not yet begun to fight!
10. Where there's a will there's a way.
11. He that shoots oft, at last shall hit the mark.
12. Victory belongs to the most persevering.
13. My right has been rolled up. My left has been driven back. My center
has been smashed. I have ordered an advance from all
directions.--Attributed to General Foch, WW1.
14. If you fall, don't just lie there! Get up & try again!--Pro.24:16.
15. Better to fight & lose than not to fight at all! Better to have
loved & lost than never to have loved at all!
16. Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt.
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,
It's when things seem worst
That you must not quit.
17. Whatever you do, just keep on going for God!--You're bound to make
it sometimes if you try often enough!
18. The only way we can ever be conquered is if we stop attacking & give
up & stop having the faith to take the initiative.
19. Keep on holding to His Promises!--Don't let go! Keep on standing on
the Word!--Don't get off! Keep on going for Jesus!--Don't stop! Keep on
20. The people that complain about the battle & then quit just before
the victory's won, never get to enjoy it!
21. Keep fighting & you won't lose! Keep wielding the weapon of the Word
& you'll win!
22. He that wrestles with us strengthens our nerves & sharpens our
skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
23. You have to be a fighter for the Truth of God, even if they kill
24. Every day is a battle!
25. We all have besetting sins; we just have to learn to resist them!
26. It's a battle, it's a war, but we're bound to win!
27. If you're a fighter like I am, you enjoy the battle!
28. A victorious knight returned from the battle has more of a shine
than one who hasn't been in the battle.
29. Some people are looking for an excuse to do what they really want to
30. Surprise is one of the prime elements of successful military
31. The Devil can't lick you as long as you keep trying. The only way he
can possibly lick you is if you surrender!
32. We may not win all the battles, but we're going to win the war!
33. You only win a war in which you lead the attack!
34. You don't have time to sharpen your sword in the middle of a battle,
but if your sword is so dull it turns out to be nothing but a club, it's
better than nothing!
35. If you run off & hide before the battle's won, God'll hold you to
blame for the defeat!
36. You have to fight the Devil & your old self every day!
37. You can never stop battling, you can never stop winning victories,
you can never stop progressing, or you'll backslide!
38. Each battle God gives you in which you win a victory is followed
with a bigger battle, because He knows He can now trust you with more.
39. Keep a soft heart but a tough spirit!
40. The greater the battle, the greater the victory. The greater the
sacrifice, the greater the reward!
41. To get greater victories you have to keep fighting greater battles,
& for greater rewards you have to keep making greater sacrifices, & for
greater joys you have to keep suffering greater pains.
42. In school I was a fighter for my faith! I knew I was superior in the
Lord & my faith & outlook!
43. Don't rescue me prematurely!
44. If you win this battle, He'll give you a bigger battle tomorrow!
45. Make an advantage out of your handicap! Build a bridge out of
your broken dreams & set those ships assail again!
46. Don't let the Devil frighten you out with his first "boo" & his
lies. "Respect not their proud & haughty looks."
47. You've either got to surrender & make peace with your enemy, or
you've got to fight.
48. Just like in any war: Where the battle's hot, you've got to put in
the most troops to give it all you've got, & where you've pretty well
got the situation in hand, you can kind of let up a little.
49. Try a little "umph" if you want to triumph.
50. If you didn't have the fight, you wouldn't appreciate the victory!
51. If you think the time's coming in this life when you'll no longer
have to fight self & sin & the old man, you're mistaken.
52. If you can't take it, you're not going to make it!
53. Some things do get easier! You don't usually have to fight the same
battles over again if you get the victory!
54. I like a battle! I love it!--Because I know I'm on the right side,
the winning side, & I've got the right Commander & I'm proud & happy to
live or die for Him.
55. Anything wonderful can happen in that little margin of time when you
do not give up, but keep on believing & keep on praying!
56. It's a struggle to live!--It takes faith & courage & fight & a lot
of real hard work to live the faith life!
57. People who faint, faint first in their minds; they sort of give up
mentally or spiritually first.
58. Give me some men who are stout-hearted men,
Who will fight for the right they adore!
Start me with ten who are stout-hearted men,
And I'll soon give you ten thousand more!
59. Stand up, stand up for Jesus!
The strife will not be long.
This day the noise of battle,
The next, the victor's song.
60. The men of faith will challenge,
Both men & Satan's wrath.
But the beaten men will compromise,
And walk the beaten path.