FORGIVENESS & MERCY
If ye forgive men their trespasses,
your heavenly Father will also forgive you (Mt.6:14).
1. We deserve Hell, punishment & the whole works, but
we get to escape it because we believe in Christ &
receive His forgiveness & His punishment on the cross
in our place.
2. You have a Defence Lawyer who pleads your case: He
says to the Judge, "I have already paid for this
3. Your kisses, Jesus, kiss away their hurts and their
tears and their sins and their diseases!
4. Regret can be an appalling waste of energy--you can't
build on it. So acknowledge your sin, accept God's
forgiveness, & get on with living for His honour
5. Before the Throne of God above
I have a strong, a perfect plea:
A great High Priest, Whose Name is Love,
Who ever lives and pleads for me.
6. God pardons like a mother, who kisses the offense into
7. You can never be too bad for Jesus--only too good.
8. There's an all-seeing Eye watching you--but He's
loving, gentle, tender, forgiving and waiting with open
9. David and some others made some big mistakes, but they
had big repentances, so they had big forgivenesses.
10. King David was one of the worst sinners that the
World has known, but he was also one of the greatest
saints, because he knew he was totally dependent on the
love & the mercy & the grace of God for
11. Until we confess, God won't forgive.
12. God can forgive us for our sins, but it's hard or
sometimes impossible to undo the damage they've done,
& we often have to suffer & watch others suffer
for them for the rest our lives!
13. It is only love that makes God's mercy work.
14. You can't appreciate God's mercy until you've known
the Devil's justice.
15. God will forgive anything except total unbelief.
16. If I have wounded any soul today,
If I have caused one foot to go astray,
If I have walked in my own wilful way,
Dear Lord, forgive!
17. He that cannot forgive others, breaks the bridge over
which he must pass himself; for every man has need to be
18. It also takes two to make up after a quarrel.
19. A good memory is fine--but the ability to forget is
the true test of greatness.
20. It is only the forgiving who are qualified to receive
21. One of the great arts of living is the art of
22. Before you flare up at someone's faults, take time to
count ten--ten of your own.
23. Forgiveness is the noblest revenge.
24. His heart was as great as the world, for there was no
room in it to hold the memory of a wrong.
25. Your mercy is a sacrifice! To forgive someone is a
sacrifice! To be sorry is a sacrifice.
26. Our own weaknesses make us sympathetic with other's
27. Let's forgive one another, as God, for Christ's sake,
hath forgiven us!
28. The remedy for wrongs is to forgive & forget
29. Forgiveness is the fragrance the flower sheds on the
heel that crushed it.
30. If we're only going to be forgiven the way we forgive
others & be shown the mercy that we show others, some
people are going to be in a pretty bad fix!
31. To err is human, to forgive divine!
32. To forgive & forget a wrong is the best revenge.
33. You have a tremendous advantage over the person who
slanders you or does you a wilful injustice: you have it
within your power to forgive that person.
34. If they are truly repentant, you must forgive those
who have wronged you, & truly seek forgiveness of
those whom you have wronged & take them by the hand
back into your circle of love & fellowship &
happy, joyful labours & pleasures together.
35. He who injured you was either stronger or weaker. If
he was weaker, spare him!--If he was stronger, spare
36. Forgiving starts with your asking the other person to
37. There's a time to wink as well as to see.
38. Sympathy is the result of thinking with your heart.
39. If you don't have love enough to forgive, you don't
have love--because forgiveness is love!
God's Mercy is unlimited, His Love is boundless, the Love
of God is greater than His laws. Love is God & God is
always. It's like a stream, like a river that just keeps
flowing no matter what, because of the dew of
41. The blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from
all sin!--Past sin, present sin, parental sin, every sin!
42. How can you not comfort others with the comfort
wherewith ye yourselves are comforted? How can you not
extend the same mercy that He has extended to you? How
can you not at least give them a chance?
43. God doesn't even remember your sins, why should you?
44. Going mad with remorse for your yesterdays, makes the
cross of Christ of none effect.
45. Every day of the past is beyond our reach & we
should leave it there.
46. Before Jesus found us we were all black sheep--but He
washed us with His blood & made our wool as white as
47. Justice has no mercy. Justice just decides if a thing
is right or wrong & that's it. But love & mercy,
though they know the sinner's wrong, they forgive.
48. If you forgive people when they really shouldn't be
forgiven, then God has to forgive them, because He said,
"Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto
49. But why should you forgive people who know what
they're doing & are causing trouble, if they're not
repentant & if they don't come & ask you for
50. God can still forgive you for your past errors &
mistakes & He can still mightily use you in mighty
battles & victories & great things to come--if
you'll just be meek & quiet, humble & obedient.