Who comforteth us
in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort
them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith
we ourselves are comforted of God (2Cor.1:4).
1. He gives me joy in place of sorrow,
He gives me love that casts out fear,
He gives me sunshine for my shadow,
And beauty for ashes dear!
2. O Joy, that seeketh me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not in vain,
That morn shall tearless be.
3. When all our hopes are gone & all seems to fail,
even when our dreams are shattered & our ships come
home with broken sails, we still have Jesus!--And He's
all we need!
4. Jesus still remembers when the World forgets.
5. I sometimes tremble on the Rock, but the Rock never
trembles under me.
6. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal.
7. God's tomorrow, God's tomorrow!
Every cloud will pass away,
With the dawning of that day!
God's tomorrow! No more sorrow!
For I know that God's tomorrow,
Will be brighter than today!
8. The darkest hour is just before dawn, & then it'll
be God's tomorrow which will last forever with you &
9. Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take!
The clouds ye so much dread
Are big with mercy & shall break
In blessing on your head!
10. When you walk through the storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of the storm is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark.
11. The Lord can make even a little bit of Egypt into a
little bit of Heaven if Jesus is there with you.
12. He restoreth my soul when I'm weary
He giveth me strength day by day
He leads me beside the still waters
He guards me each step of the way.
13. You can give Him away as much as you want but never
get rid of Him.--You'll always have Him & He's always
14. When all is dark & I cannot see
I call Your Name, You come to me
You take my hand & draw me near
You light my way & make it clear!
15. When everything else is passed away, you'll still
have Jesus! When everything else is gone, there'll still
be Jesus. When all others forsake you, there'll still be
Jesus. When you haven't got anything left, there'll still
be Jesus. When the World has nothing left, you'll still
16. Beloved, the outlook for us in this World & our
future here could hardly be darker!--But the uplook could
hardly be brighter or more glorious!
17. The darker the outlook, the brighter the uplook.
18. "For I am He that filleth all things, to pour
out upon the thirsty ground, to beautify the lowly life,
to heal the ragged wounds, to enlighten the darkened
minds, to bring Grace & Beauty & Wisdom."
19. You've got all the Promises in the whole Bible on
20. The future is as bright as the Promises of God!
21. God puts consolation only where He first put pain.
22. Without weaknesses, we couldn't help others.
23. There's nothing you're going through but what Jesus
has gone through already!
24. God is with us & the storm cannot overcome us!
25. We cannot lose! It is impossible to defeat us!--Our
enemies are already doomed & damned to defeat &
26. Nothing happens to you that hasn't happened to
27. He was better to me than all my hopes,
He was brighter than all my fears;
He made a bridge of my broken works,
And a rainbow of my tears.
28. Though we tremble in the dark,
In need of strength & help & cheer,
We have a tender Father's Word,
Fear thou not, for I am here!
29. There's no greater comfort than to remember that when
you're living in the centre of God's Will, nothing can
ever happen to you without God's permission.
30. When wearied with the strain of it all, you can fly
to God on the wings of prayer & faith & get the
relief that He alone can give you.
31. Some through the waters, some through the flood,
Some through the fire, but all through the Blood.
Some through great sorrows, but God gives a song,
In the night season & all the day long!
32. His Word is always a comfort & the Voice of His
Spirit is always an encouragement in the hour of greatest
33. Thank God for the comfort of His cleansing Word!
34. Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of Earth shall grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory & grace!
35. The Lord said, "Will I not care for My
Own?"--We & our little ones & all of His
36. The Lord is able to keep us through anything &
37. Forget thyself; console the sadness near thee;
Thine own shall then depart,
And songs of joy, like heavenly birds, shall cheer thee
And dwell within thy heart.
38. Soon He's coming back to welcome me,
Far beyond the starry sky!
I shall wing my flight to worlds unknown
I shall reign with Him on high!
39. Help them to know the joy, the love & the healing
balm, Lord, that cleanses every heart & heals every
wound & removes every stain.
40. If He can just break & melt your heart, then He
woos & wins it & warms & melts it & makes
it bright & burning & happy!--And it's no longer
41. "I shall wipe away all their tears, neither
shall they remember them any more, for all their pain
shall be forgotten in the beauties & joys that are to
42. "Yet a little while, & time shall be no
more! Just a little more time, a little while, & thou
shalt be with Me forever! Sorrow shall endure for a
season, but joy cometh in the morning. Then all these
things shall be swept away! Wonderful comfort ye one
another with these Words!"
43. "I shall take away thy pain & thy grief
forever with everlasting joy & eternal solace that
shall never end!"
44. "Even as this perfume wipes away the evil, so
shall My Love wipe away the hurt!"
45. When Jesus comes, the Tempter's power is broken,
When Jesus comes, your tears are wiped away!
He takes your gloom, & fills your life with glory!
For all is changed when Jesus comes to stay!
46. When your heart is aching, turn to Jesus,
He's the dearest Friend that you can know.
You will find Him standing close beside you
Waiting peace & blessing to bestow!
47. He heals every heartache,
He hears every sigh,
This wonderful Saviour of mine!
He helps me in trouble,
He heeds when I cry,
This wonderful Saviour of mine!
48. No one ever
cared for me like Jesus!
There's no other Friend so kind & true!
No one else could take that sin & sadness from me,
Oh, how much He cares for me!
49. I have
nothing to do with tomorrow,
My Saviour has made that His care.
Its grace & its strength I can't borrow,
So why should I borrow its care?
50. Fear thou not
for I am with thee,
I will still thy Pilot be.
Never mind those tossing billows,
Take My hand & trust in Me!
51. I sing
because I'm happy!
I sing because I'm free!
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He cares for me!
Subscribe for more quotes